Monday, June 1, 2009

kaylee lara whitten

The school year is ending. Kaylee had her Pre-K graduation and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She wore the cap and gown, sang songs, and received a diploma. She has changed so much this past school year. She can count to 100, write her numbers, read, and she draws every day. It has been hard to be without her all day. I couldn't wait for the last day of school. But as the day approaches and all her things from school are being sent home, I'm feeling really sad. My guess is because it's the end of something so precious. Its hard to imagine I will only get to spend every moment with her for the next 2 months and she's off to school again. She's grown so much and I feel like I've missed a good part of that because of her growth during school. I'm not teaching her to say mama, holding her hands while she learns to walk, showing her colors... now I'm sitting back as she comes home and tells me all the new things I had no idea she knew. This wednesday is her last day. It's also June. She will turn 5 on the 20th. Five years have gone by and it feels like yesterday we were bringing her home for the first time. Kaylee is so smart, sweet, intuitive, eager to learn, caring, kind-hearted, and loving. She is soft spoken with a tender heart. It's so easy to shower her with affection. She's my baby, my first baby. I always thought 5 years was so far away, kindergarten is no where near the future. And now here we are... time flies and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

(I went into the hospital for high blood pressure. My water broke while I was there. She was 2 weeks early so we weren't prepared. Our camera was at home. So her first picture was in her car seat right when we arrived home.)


Father's Day - June 20, 2004 - 10:47am - 5lbs 14oz - 19in.










1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday gorgeous girl! you and Ashton are officially BIG girls. We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete