Wednesday, February 25, 2009

seriously... its the good life

My grandpa and uncles are always in my thoughts. But I'm going to focus on the good lemons I'm making lemonade with. We're buying a house. The T's are crossed and I's are dotted. All the terms of the contract have been fulfilled so now we're just waiting to close on the house and it will officially be ours. I have 2 weeks to get all my ducks in a row. And by ducks, I mean, paint colors, decor, and packing of course. I'm nervous but I'm getting more excited and more comfortable with the idea. We sold all our furniture, I mean all. We're currently sleeping on just a mattress. We're using an air mattress as our sofa and eating dinner on the floor, picnic style. Haha. Furniture shopping felt like Christmas. Chris left me choose everything. He completely handed me free reign and I'm loving it. But I'm still trying to persuade him into getting me new appliances. I doubt I'll swing that vote since we already spent a stupid amount on furniture. But I do pride myself on the 50% off decor items I've been getting at Hobby Lobby. Haha. I'm ready to be moved in and settled.

3 weeks. Only 3 weeks till we have our family vacation. We went to San Antonio in 2007. We nixed our family vacation last year because the wedding and honeymoon. So this family vacay is long overdue. I'm extremely excited to take the girls somewhere warm for a whole week of quality time. No work, no school, no sign of the hustle and bustle life we live. We're taking them to Atlanta and Orlando. Their first Disney experience. I can't wait. Not to mention, Mommy gets to visit the Louis and Gucci store. And Daddy gets to have fun spoiling his 3 girls. Someone help him if we have a 3rd daughter. Haha. I joke, he'll get some good quality golf time with my brother.

Although life always has its pitfalls, I'm blessed to have my family and lucky to have my best friends who I can rely on.

No comments:

Post a Comment